HERNDON HIGH SCHOOL
THEATRE ARTS DEPARTMENT
AUDITIONS for the Fall 2022 Main Stage Production of:
ROSENCRANTZ & GUILDENSTERN
Written by Tom Stoppard
Stage Manager: Chloe Thompson
Directed by Mr. Scott D. Pafumi
Audition Days: Monday, Sept. 12 or Tuesday, Sept. 13 – Drama Room
Sign up on the Theatre Callboard – 3pm to 5:00 pm time slots
Callbacks: Wed, Sept. 14, 3pm–5pm
1st Cast meeting: Thurs. Sept. 15, 3pm-5pm
Production dates: November 18-20, 2022
What you need to know and do:
- You can either:
*Prepare, memorize, and present a solo 1 to 2-minute modern comic monologue taken from a published play of the last 100 years. Avoid monologues from R&G are Dead.
*Prepare, memorize, and present a partnered 2 to 4-minute comic duet scene taken from a published play of the last 100 years. Avoid scenes from R&G are Dead.
- You should read the play R&G are Dead and have a good sense of the characters and plot. Questions about the play will be asked at the auditions. Copies are available in the black box/drama room – but may not be taken from the room.
- Sign up for a 5-minute audition time slot, prior to the actual audition. There will be sign-up posters hung on the Callboard by Wednesday, Sept. 7.
- There are 2 different days to choose from in selecting your audition time slot, either Monday, Sept. 12th or Tuesday, 13th. You only need to come one of these days.
- Audition time slots will begin promptly at 3:00, and will go until 5:00, by calling in (6) auditioners at a time, in the order they signed up.
- Please arrive at your audition 20 minutes prior to your sign up time!
- On Tuesday night, Sept. 13th, there will be a CALLBACK list posted on the HHS Theatre Socials (Instagram/Schoology) by 7pm, showing names of auditioners who have been chosen to attend Callback audition on Wednesday Sept. 14th, from 3-5pm.
- Students must arrange transportation home for these audition days.
- Avoid the use of props and dress professionally (no jeans, sneakers, shirts with writing).
- All auditions will be held in the Drama Room/Black Box – C-119.
- Be prepared to fill out an Audition form for desired roles & listing previous experience.
- FINAL CAST LIST will be posted Wednesday, Sept. 14th, by 8pm on the website.
- Please be sure to initial the official copies of the CALLBACK AND CAST LISTS, posted on the CALLBOARD outside the Drama Room.
- 1st Cast Meeting is Thursday afternoon, Sept. 15th, 3pm to 5pm, in the Drama Room.
- The CAST size will be between 30 to 40 actors.
For any further questions, contact Mr. Pafumi, Theatre Arts Director
SEE REVERSE SIDE FOR THE DESCRIPTION OF THE CHARACTERS
CAST OF CHARACTERS
ROSENCRANTZ & GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD
HERNDON HS THEATRE
Role Description Gender
Rosencrantz Courtier & schoolmate to Hamlet M/F
Guildenstern Courtier & schoolmate to Hamlet M/F
The Player Theatre troupe leader M/F
Hamlet Prince of Denmark F
Gertrude Queen of Denmark M
Claudius King of Denmark F
Polonius Court Advisor F
Horatio best friend to Hamlet F
Ophelia daughter to Polonius M
Alfred Player Troupe member M
Player King Player Troupe Member F
Fortinbras Prince of Norway M
The Player Troupe (10) actors, musicians, clowns M/F
Soldiers of Norway (8) royal knights M/F
Royal Attendants (4) courtiers/ladies in waiting F
Soldiers of Denmark (2) royal knights M
“A Season of Almost Shakespeare”
CAST SIZE WILL BE BETWEEN 30 TO 40 ACTORS